DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH: A PROFILE
|Name of department||DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH|
|Year of establishment||June, 1968|
|Present Teaching Staff||Sr. College:
|Students strengthMale/Female= total||Academic Year (2014-15)
|Achievements/Highlights||1). DR. ARVIND M. NAWALE (Click Link for Detailed CV)
·19 Journal papers, 20 book chapters and 9 literary interviews (total 48) are published
· Total 86 (including edited books) research publications to credit.
·24 Research Papers Presented in International/ National Seminars/ Workshops/Conferences:
· 23 Talks Delivered As a Guest/Resource Person/ Chair-Person
·Ph.D. Guidance /Supervision:
-Four candidates are awarded Ph.D. Guiding rest 3 candidates from SRTM University, 2 candidates from Solapur University and 1 oversea candidate from Yeman under International Study Center. (Almost all rest candidate’s work is on verge of completion and submission)
· Ph.D /M.Phil Thesis Adjudicated/ UGC Funding Research Projects Evaluated:
-Adjudicated Ph.D./, M.Phil. thesis of Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, (Gujrat), Acharya Nagarjun University, Guntur (A.P.), Karnatak University, Dharwad, Dr. B. A. . University, Aurangabad, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (M.P.), Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar (Gujrat), Periyar University, Salem (Tamilnadu), Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, (Tamil Nadu), Pune University, Pune, Nagpur University and conducted few viva-voce,
Evaluated one UGC research project of Dr.B.A.M.University, Aurangabad for publication grant.
· UGC Research Projects Completed:
-Completed one Minor Research Project (MRP) in English entitled ‘Major Thematic Concerns of Arun joshi: A Study of His novels” under financial assistance of Rs.85,000/-sanctioned by UGC in 2007-08.
·Membership of Various Committees At University/ National/ International Level::
· Member of the Senate, S.R.T.M.University, Nanded from 11-7-05 to 31-8-06.
· Member, Advisory Committee, Extra Mural Education, S.R.T.M.U., Nanded 20-9-06 to 19-9-07.
· Member, Board of Studies in English (BoS), S.R.T.M.University, Nanded (12-3-007 to 31/08/2011). (Second consecutive term-10-01-2012 to till date).
· Member, Faculty of Arts S.R.T.M.University, Nanded (10-7-2007 to31/08/2011).
· Member, Board of Examination Committee under 32(5), S.R.T.M.U., Nanded (19-7-2007 to 31/08/2011).
· Recognized P.G.Teacher
· Member, Editorial Board of 5 Textbooks prescribed to the syllabus of of SRTM University, Nanded
·Member, Panel of External Examiner, Student Welfare Department, Solapur University, Solapur, since 2006 to till date.
· Recognized Ph.D. Research Supervisor in English of S.R.T.M.University, Nanded, Singhania University Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan, Solapur University, Solapur and Tilak Maharashtra University, Pune
· Worked/working as an External Examiner/Referee to adjudicate Ph.D./, M.Phil. thesis of Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, (Gujrat), Acharya Nagarjun University, Guntur (A.P.), Karnatak University, Dharwad, Dr.B.A.M.University, Aurangabad, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (M.P.), Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar (Gujrat), Periyar University, Salem (Tamilnadu), Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, (Tamil Nadu), Pune University, Pune, RTM Nagpur University and so on.
· Paper setter/External Examiner, Ph.D. course work, Solapur University, Solapur. March, 2012.
· Member, Editorial Board/Editorial Advisory Board, Editorial Advisory Board/Reviewer of 23 National/ International Journals
· Membership of College Committees :
Worked as Coordinator of IQAC, Co-editor of Kisan Magazine, Member, Admission Committee, Annual Social Gathering Committee, Cultural Committee, Asst Coordinator, Remedial Coaching Scheme and so on.
· Attended in 7 Seminar/Conference/Symposia/Workshop
· No. of research papers published: 02 research papers published.
·Membership of College Committees :
Worked as a member of Admission Committee, Annual Social Gathering Committee, Cultural Committee and so on.
· Guest Lectures/Talks Delivered:
1.Delivered a speech on “Gandhi as a Fighter” in NSS annual camp of M.U. College, Udgir, held at Hangarga.
2. Delivered a speech on “Gandhi: Ek Yoddha” on occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, held on 2nd Oct, 2013, in Shivaji Mahavidhylaya, Udgir.
3.Delivered an Extension Lecture at Shivneri College, Nalrgaon.
4. Presented a paper in International Conference held at Pune
5. Conducted one Personality Development Programme at Ambejogai
|Equipments Available||PC with Broadband Internet Connectivity, TV, DVD Player|
|Any Other||Efficient, dedicated and quality faculty, Rich research output- 37 books and 41 research papers/book chapters are published by dept faculty, Active participation of the faculty in designing syllabus of University through Board of Studies of parent university (Contributed to edit 5 text books prescribed for university syllabus) , Good number of participation in National/International conferences and seminars. Tradition of good results, active participation of teachers and students in different activities. Activities through English Literary Association, wall-papers, Remedial coaching to weaker and backward students.
Dr. Arvind M. Nawale
Head, Dept of English
Shivaji Mahavidyalaya, Udgir